4 found dead in Upstate home identified

[ad_1]

TELL YOU ABOUT OUT OF GREENVILLE COUNTY. THE CORNER HAS NOW IDENTIFIED FOUR VICTIMS THAT WERE FOUND DEAD IN A TRAILER. WE TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS STORY AT THE TOP OF THE NEWSCAST. WE’RE SHOWING YOU THEIR NAMES ON THE SCREEN NOW. THE VICTIMS WERE FOUND IN THE HOME THAT’S LOCATED ON NORTH STREET. THEY WERE FOUND LAST NIGHT. WE’RE TOLD THE PARKER FIRE DEPARTMENT FOUND THE RESIDENTS TO HAVE HIGH CARBON MONOXIDE LEVELS. WHEN CREWS ARRIVED ON SCENE AFTER IT WAS DEEMED SAFE FOR ENTRY. WE’RE TOLD FIREFIGHTERS FOUND A GENERATOR THAT HAD BEEN USED AS A POWER SOURCE FOR PART OF THE TRAILER. THE CORONER SAYS THREE OF THE VICTIM

Coroner releases names, cause of death of people found dead inside a Greenville County home

The Greenville County Coroner’s Office was called to a home on Worth Street

The Greenville County Coroner’s Office on Monday released the names and cause of death of four people found dead over the weekend inside a home.Senior Deputy Coroner Shelton England identified the victims as Alfonso Jemenez Maldonado, 37; Fernando Olea-Cano, 29; Pedro Cobix Zapo, 29; and Juan Osorio Castillo, 34. More news:Relative finds two people dead inside Greenville County home, deputies sayNew information released in case of missing Upstate mother not seen in a yearYoung bull rider dies after incident during competition, emergency official saysAll of the deceased lived at the home, and they all died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the report.The coroner’s office said first responders were called to the home Sunday night on lot 7 of the address 2 Worth Street about a cardiac arrest. Officials said when they arrived, they found multiple people dead inside the home. “I think what they saw is at least one person completely unresponsive,” said Mike Ellis, Greenville County Chief Deputy Coroner. “So, it went out as a cardiac arrest. A lot of times carbon monoxide, what it will do, it will cause you to act like you’re intoxicated or impaired. It will make you feel like that. Eventually you’ll succumb to carbon monoxide that binds to your blood and causes death.”The Parker Fire department found the home had high carbon monoxide levels, according to the coroner reports. After it was deemed safe to enter, fire officials found a generator had been used as a power source for part of the residence and had been operated inside the home. None of the decedents had any obvious signs of trauma.According to neighbors and family members, three men lived in the trailer at 2 Worth Street, and a fourth was staying over. They said the men had mentioned the power was out for two days, and they’d asked the landlord to fix it.Walking through the trailer Monday afternoon, are crew did not see any smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors. We reached out to the landlord, who said in the past, some residents have removed those detectors. Ellis said oftentimes, fire departments will give smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to families for free if they ask.

The Greenville County Coroner’s Office on Monday released the names and cause of death of four people found dead over the weekend inside a home.

Senior Deputy Coroner Shelton England identified the victims as Alfonso Jemenez Maldonado, 37; Fernando Olea-Cano, 29; Pedro Cobix Zapo, 29; and Juan Osorio Castillo, 34.

More news:

All of the deceased lived at the home, and they all died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the report.

The coroner’s office said first responders were called to the home Sunday night on lot 7 of the address 2 Worth Street about a cardiac arrest.

Officials said when they arrived, they found multiple people dead inside the home.

“I think what they saw is at least one person completely unresponsive,” said Mike Ellis, Greenville County Chief Deputy Coroner. “So, it went out as a cardiac arrest. A lot of times carbon monoxide, what it will do, it will cause you to act like you’re intoxicated or impaired. It will make you feel like that. Eventually you’ll succumb to carbon monoxide that binds to your blood and causes death.”

The Parker Fire department found the home had high carbon monoxide levels, according to the coroner reports.

After it was deemed safe to enter, fire officials found a generator had been used as a power source for part of the residence and had been operated inside the home.

None of the decedents had any obvious signs of trauma.

According to neighbors and family members, three men lived in the trailer at 2 Worth Street, and a fourth was staying over. They said the men had mentioned the power was out for two days, and they’d asked the landlord to fix it.

Walking through the trailer Monday afternoon, are crew did not see any smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors. We reached out to the landlord, who said in the past, some residents have removed those detectors.

Ellis said oftentimes, fire departments will give smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to families for free if they ask.

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Comment